Serve these lobster-bites-on-a-stick to your sweetheartuse your fingers!
Makes: 2 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 2 6 ounces fresh lobster tails
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel, plus juice of 2 oranges (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the lobster tails, lower the heat and simmer for 8 minutes. Transfer to a work surface.
- In a small saucepan, boil the orange juice and shallot over medium-high heat until reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the orange peel, lemon juice and salt. Let stand for 3 minutes, then strain the mixture over a bowl, pressing to extract any liquid. Return the strained liquid to the saucepan, place over low heat and stir in the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until incorporated. Cover the sauce to keep warm.
- Using kitchen scissors, slit the lobster tails and pry out the meat. Halve the meat lengthwise, then cut crosswise into thirds. Thread the meat onto 4 skewers and place in a shallow serving bowl. Pour the orange-butter sauce over the lobster skewers just before serving.
- Use frozen lobster tails and let them thaw in the refrigerator overnight.