Serve these cheese-filled ravioli squares for dinner with your sweetheart.
Makes: 2 servings
- 6 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Pinch nutmeg
- Salt and black pepper
- 8 wonton wrappers
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- Stir together the ricotta, cream cheese, parmesan and nutmeg; season with salt and black pepper.
- Place 4 wonton wrappers on a work surface. Center 2 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture on each wrapper. Wet your finger with water and dampen the edges of each wrapper. Cover with the remaining 4 wrappers, pressing out all the air and sealing to enclose.
- In a small pan, combine the olive oil, lemon peel and crushed red pepper and warm over low heat. Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the dumplings and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Gently drain the dumplings and transfer to a serving plate. Drizzle the warm olive oil on top.
Tip Nice serve
- Use chopsticks to eat the dumplings.