Start this party-worthy roast the night before you plan to cook itand let it soak up the marinade while you sleep.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 1 hr
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, 1 smashed, the rest finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 crown roast of lamb (2 rib racks, about 4 pounds)
- 4 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Combine 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon mustard, the smashed garlic and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Rub the mixture all over the lamb, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees . In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, chopped garlic, wine, olive oil, and the remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons mustard and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place the lamb in a roasting pan and pack the bread crumb mixture into the middle of the crown. Roast for 15 minutes per pound for medium rare. After 20 minutes, cover the lamb loosely with foil and add 1/2 cup water to the pan to prevent over-browning.