We can see why these were a hit at Rach's Thanksgiving dinner with chef Adam Perry Lang and family: The spuds, not quite mashed, get a big flavor boost from the Spanish cheese.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 4 pounds baby red or baby Yukon gold potatoes, large ones halved
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup milk or cream
- 12 ounces Manchego cheese, shredded (2 1/2 cups)
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a deep pot, cover the potatoes with water. Cover the pot with a lid and bring to a boil. Uncover, salt the water and cook until tender when pierced with a fork, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot. Add the butter, milk and cheese and smash. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Shred the cheese for the mashed potatoes ahead of time.