The results are in! Our Thanksgiving stuffing contest winners share their prize recipes.
Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 40 mins
- 6 slices bacon (about 6 ounces), chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3/4teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 1/2cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces thickly sliced ham, chopped
- 3/4cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/3cup finely chopped fresh sage
- 6 cups cornbread chunks
- 3 15 ouncecans black-eyed peas, drained
- Salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until just crisp, about 5 minutes. Add the shallots, celery, carrots and white pepper and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in the chicken broth, ham, mushrooms and sage. Add the cornbread and black-eyed peas and mix until combined. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Spoon the stuffing into 2 buttered 3-quart casserole dishes and bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes.