Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 12 mini dinner rolls, split
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), for liberal drizzling
- 1 1/2pounds ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (eyeball it)
- 10 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped (about a palmful)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach, thinly sliced (a couple of generous handfuls)
- 3/4pound Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the broiler to high. Place the rolls on a broiler pan and toast until golden. Rub with the garlic and drizzle with EVOO.
- In a medium bowl, combine the beef with the Worcestershire sauce, sage, shallot and parsley; season with salt and pepper. Divide into 4 equal pieces and form 3 sliders from each piece, 12 mini sliders total.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with a drizzle of EVOO. Cook the sliders for 3 minutes on the first side and 1 to 2 minutes on the other side for medium.
- Top each bun bottom with some spinach, a slider and a few cheese crumbles. Place under the broiler to melt the cheese a bit, about 30 seconds, then set the bun tops in place.