A little time in the oven helps deepen the flavor of these herb-flecked olives.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 2 cups mixed olives
- 1 fresh or dried bay leaf
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 long strip orange zest
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Layer 2 sheets of foil, each 18 inches long. Place the olives in the center of the foil and toss with the bay leaf, rosemary, thyme, fennel seeds and red pepper flakes. Add the orange zest and drizzle with EVOO. Pinch the foil together and seal to form a pouch. Warm the olives in the oven for 15 minutes.