Use a sturdy vegetable peeler to remove the skin from the squash.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 35 mins
- 1 butternut squash (about 2 pounds)halved lengthwise, seeded and peeled
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees . Cut the squash into 1/2-inch-wide sticks about 3 inches long. In a large bowl, toss the squash with the olive oil. Spread in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast until golden and tender when pierced with a knife, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the creme fraiche and maple syrup until combined. In another bowl, combine the salt, cumin and chili powder. Sprinkle some of the seasoned salt on the squash fries and serve with the maple cream, remaining seasoned salt and lime wedges.