This hearty stew is just a simmer away.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 pound precooked pork sausage, such as kielbasa, halved lengthwise and cut into -inch pieces
- 3 15 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 fresh or dried bay leaf
- 1 small bunch kale, leaves stripped from stems and coarsely chopped (about 4 packed cups)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 6 minutes. Add the beans and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add the chicken broth, bay leaf and kale and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, covered, for 10 minutes. Discard the bay leaf. Season the stew to taste with salt and pepper and serve with a drizzle of olive oil and the cheese.