Refrigerate the goat cheese filling up to a day ahead, and then make these party bites almost instantly as guests arrive.
Makes: 10 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 3 mins
- 4 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Freshly ground pepper
- 20 large fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- In a small bowl, stir together the goat cheese, olive oil and lemon zest. Season to taste with pepper. Place a spoonful of the cheese mixture on each basil leaf. Sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts and drizzle with olive oil.