Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 35 mins
- 1 9 inch Pillsbury Just Unroll Refrigerated Pie Crust
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the salad dressing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces whole-milk ricotta cheese (about 1 cup)
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 3 medium vine-ripened tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 7 ounce bag of salad greens
- Grated lemon zest and juice, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . Unroll the piecrust and press it into a 9-inch tart pan. Prick the bottom of the dough all over with a fork, brush with the 1 tablespoon of olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta, blue cheese and egg until combined. Remove the tart shell from the oven and immediately prick with a fork in a few places. Spoon the cheese mixture into the tart shell and top with the tomato slices; season with pepper and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the tart from the oven and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, toss the salad greens with olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt to taste. Cut the tart into wedges and serve with the greens.
- Chalone Vineyard Monterey County Merlot 2004 (California)
- Substitute your favorite soft cheese for the blue cheese.