Pork tenderloin is best when still slightly pink inside, so take care not to overcook it.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- Coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 2 pounds total), trimmed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 10 ouncepackage frozen baby lima beans
- 4 ears of corn, shucked and kernels removed
- 2 semi-tart apples, such as Fuji, peeled and finely chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees . Combine 4 tablespoons of salt with the chili powder and rub over the pork tenderloins.
- In a large ovenproof skillet set over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter with the olive oil. Sear the tenderloins until browned, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter. Add the lima beans and cook for 5 minutes. Add the corn and apples and cook for 2 minutes more; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove the pork from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve the sliced pork with the succotash on the side.
- Hogue Terroir Sangiovese Rosato 2005 (Washington)
- When sweet summer corn is out of season, use frozen corn kernels instead.