Watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew are all good picks for these fruit kebabs. If available, add some fresh pineapple or kiwi chunks to the mix.
Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Juice of 3 to 4 oranges (1 cup)
- Juice of 2 limes (3 tablespoons, or more to taste)
- 3 pounds assorted melon, cut into 1-inch cubes
- In a small saucepan, bring 1/2 cup water and the sugar to a boil and stir until the sugar dissolves, about 1 minute. Remove the syrup from the heat and let cool. Add the cooled syrup to the orange juice; stir in 3 tablespoons of lime juice (or more to taste).
- Thread about 6 melon cubes onto each of twelve 10-inch skewers, alternating colors. Pack the skewers in a flat, sealable container and pour the marinade over them. Keep cool until serving.