Massage this rub onto meat, poultry or fish and allow it to marinate for at least 1 hour before cooking.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
- 4 teaspoons mild to medium-hot chili powder
- 1/2teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients and stir until smooth. The rub can be refrigerated in a covered container for up to 2 weeks.