Mini-burgers for the whole family—furry friends included. Always check with your vet about which foods are appropriate for you to share with your pet.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1/2 pound ground lamb or chicken
- 1/2 cup cooked white or brown rice
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (eyeball it)
- Pinch of allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- 4 small round dinner rolls, split
- Combine the meat, rice, yogurt, cumin, allspice and salt in a medium bowl. Form 4 patties and drizzle each on 1 side with EVOO. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook the patties, olive oil side down, for 3 to 4 minutes per side for well done but still juicy. Place the burgers on the rolls, chop into pieces and serve.