Makes: 20 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 12 mins
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon strawberry jelly
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . In a small bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, blend 3/4 cup of the peanut butter with the butter on medium speed. Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat until smooth, about 5 minutes. Beat in the egg until incorporated. Stir in the reserved flour mixture until just combined.
- Using a small (1 1/2-inch) ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, drop the dough 2 inches apart on 2 ungreased, parchment-lined baking sheets. Using the back of a melon baller or your thumb, gently dent the center of each cookie. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon of jelly into each center. Bake until lightly golden, about 12 minutes. Remove to a rack and cool.
- In a small bowl, beat together the remaining 1/4 cup of peanut butter and the confectioners sugar. Whisk in the milk, a little at a time, until the frosting reaches a good consistency for piping. Using a resealable sandwich bag with a tiny corner snipped off, pipe the frosting over the cookies.
- Want these chewy cookies to be crispy? Bake them for about 2 minutes more--the cookies will be soft when removed from the oven, but will crisp up as they cool.