Resist the temptation to stir the potatoes while they roast. Leave them alone and they'll get a crunchy, golden outer shell.
Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 35 mins
- 2 pounds round red potatoes, quartered and cut into 1/3-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- Kosher salt
- 3/4cup mayonnaise
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- Freshly ground pepper
- Position a rack in the lowest third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees . Line the bottom of a large, shallow-sided baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss the potatoes with the olive oil, rosemary and 1-1/2 teaspoons of salt; spread in a single layer on the baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes, rotating the baking sheet once after 15 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, flip them over and roast until golden, about 5 more minutes. Sprinkle with salt.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, lemon juice and lemon zest. Season the dressing to taste with salt and pepper. Serve the lemon mayo alongside the potatoes.