Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 35 mins
- 5 strips bacon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2cup grated Fontina cheese
- 2/3cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees . In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat, flipping once, until cooked but not crisp. Drain on a paper towel, then chop into bite-size pieces.
- Pour off the bacon fat and add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil to the skillet. Add the onion and cook over medium-low heat until softened, about 7 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add the onion, the bacon, the cheeses and the salt and pepper and stir gently. In a 9- or 10-inch ovenproof skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil (swirl the oil to coat the bottom and sides of the skillet). Add the egg mixture and cook over medium-low heat until the sides start to set, about 3 minutes. Bake in the oven until the frittata is firm, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Gently run a rubber spatula around the sides of the skillet to loosen the frittata. Place a serving plate over the skillet and carefully flip the pan to release the frittata.
- Domaine Chandon Blanc de Noirs California NV (California)