Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 20 mins
- 3 large zucchini
- 1 bulb fennel, trimmed, outer layer removed
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces shaved fresh parmesan (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Coarse salt and pepper
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the zucchini lengthwise into thin ribbons; discard the seedy centers. Transfer to a bowl. Using a mandoline, shave the fennel bulb into pieces; discard the core. Toss with the zucchini. Fold in the avocado and parmesan. Sprinkle with the lemon zest, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a small bowl, combine the EVOO, vinegar, mustard, 1/8 tsp. coarse salt and 1 pinch pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the salad; toss gently.