Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 55 mins
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 15 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup ditalini pasta
- 4 cups cooked vegetables, such as corn kernels, green beans (cut into 2-inch pieces), carrots or butternut squash (cut into small cubes)
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
- Salt and pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- In a 4-qt. saucepan or small Dutch oven, cook the bacon over medium heat, stirring, until crisp, 6 to 7 minutes. Add the onion, celery, garlic and basil; cook until the veggies are tender, 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and tomato paste; cook, stirring often, 2 minutes. increase the heat to medium-high, add the broth and bring to a boil. immediately reduce the heat to medium-low; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the pasta, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 10 minutes. Stir in the cooked vegetables and beans and cook until heated through, 2 minutes. Season and serve with the Parmesan.