Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 25 mins
- 5 cups chopped seeded watermelon (about 3 lbs.)
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes -- 1 coarsely chopped, 1 halved
- 1 large cucumber -- peeled, quartered and seeded
- 4 tablespoons EVOO
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, finely chopped
- 8 crusty bread, toasted
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- In a blender, puree 4 cups chopped watermelon with the chopped tomato, three-quarters of the cucumber, 2 tbsp. EVOO and the red wine vinegar; season with salt and pepper.
- Chop one of the tomato halves and the remaining cucumber. Toss in a small bowl with the remaining 1 cup chopped watermelon; season.
- In another small bowl, whisk 2 tbsp. EVOO with the basil. Rub the toasts with the cut side of the remaining tomato half and top with the prosciutto. Discard the tomato skin.
- Divide the soup among bowls. Garnish with the chopped watermelon mixture, basil oil and coarsely ground pepper. Serve with the prosciutto toasts.