Makes: 1 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 5 mins
- 1 cup egg whites (from abut 8 large eggs)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 sticks (1 1/4 pounds) unsalted butter, sliced into 1 tablespoon pieces and chilled
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a double boiler, whisk the egg whites and sugar until the mixture is warm and the sugar is dissolved.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the mixture on high speed until stiff peaks form, then beat on medium speed until cool.
- Add the cold butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until each piece is incorporated before adding another, occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add the vanilla and salt and mix at low speed until blended.