Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 1 pound bag tricolor coleslaw mix
- Salt and pepper
- 1 boneless turkey breast (2 1/2 lbs) - skin removed, cut into 1/4-inch thick cutlets and pounded
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 baguette-ends trimmed, quartered crosswise and split
- 8 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar. Add the coleslaw and toss; season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Season the turkey cutlets with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. EVOO over medium-high heat. Working in batches, using more EVOO as necessary, cook the turkey, turning once, until golden, 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Pour the broth into the skillet; simmer for 1 minute. Off the heat, return the turkey and any juices to the pan.
- On a baking sheet, broil the bread until toasted. Set the tops aside. Top the bread bottoms with the turkey and cheese; broil until melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spoon some of the skillet juices onto the bread tops; place on the sandwiches. Strain the remaining juices into a bowl for dipping. Serve with the coleslaw.