- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 6 ounce can white tuna in olive oil, drained
- 1 1 pound box medium pasta shells
In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add 2 tablespoons parsley and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook over low heat until the sauce thickens, about 20 minutes. Whisk in the butter, then stir in the tuna.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente; drain. Add the pasta to the tuna sauce and stir in threequarters of the remaining parsley; season with salt and pepper. Top with the remaining parsley.