Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 14 ounce container firm or extra-firm tofu-drained, cubed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 3 cups cooked long-grain white rice
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tbsp. canola oil over medium-high. Add the tofu in a single layer. Cook, without stirring, until browned on the bottom, about 4 minutes, then cook, stirring gently, until browned on all sides, about 6 minutes more. Transfer to a medium bowl and toss with the hoisin sauce, sugar and sesame oil; season.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining 2 tbsp. canola oil over medium-high. Add the mushrooms, toss to coat and season. Cook, without stirring, until browned, about 2 minutes, then cook, stirring, until any liquid evaporates, about 2 minutes more. Add the leeks and cook, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in the peas and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Gently stir in the tofu; season. Serve with the rice.