- In a large pot, bring 4 qt. water to a boil with lots of coarse salt. While it heats up, fill a large bowl halfway with ice and top with water.
- Once the water in the pot is boiling, drop in 2 cups trimmed snow peas. Cook for 2 minutes, then, using a slotted spoon, transfer tot eh ice water. Repeat with 2 cups trimmed sugar snap peas, then 1 cup fresh english peas. Drain peas.
- with a sharp knife or mandoline, cut 1 apple into paper-thin slices.
- In a bowl, whisk 1 chopped garlic clove, the zest of 1 lemon, 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice, 1 tbsp. champagne vinegar and 1/2 tbsp. honey. Keep whisking while slowly drizzling in 2 tbsp. EVOO.
- Toss the dressing with the peas, the apple, 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint, 1/4 cup chopped walnuts and 3 oz. crumbled goat cheese. Season with coarse salt and pepper.
Tip Pea & Ricotta Dip
- In a food processor, puree blanched english peas with ricotta and a little chopped fresh mint. Serve with your favorite dippers!
Tip Snow Pea Slaw:
- Slice snow peas and carrots into thin strips. Toss the veggies with sesame oil, rice wine vinegar and grated fresh ginger. Serve with seared tuna or pile on top of pork sandwiches.