Bust out the napkins! A tangy, five-ingredient sauce and swee tpotato fries put this year's Burger Bash contest winner over the top.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 8 slices bacon
- 3/4 cup thousand island dressing
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill pickles
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 - 2 jalapeno chiles, seeded and chopped
- 2 pounds ground beef chuck
- 8 slices American cheese
- 4 deli rolls, split and toasted
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 20 ounce bag frozen sweet potato fries, prepared according to package directions
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp; transfer to a plate to drain. In a small bowl, stir together the dressing, pickles, onion and jalapenos. Crumble in the bacon.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Form the ground beef into 4 patties and season with salt. Add the patties to the grill and cook, turning once, for about 10 minutes for medium-rare. During the last few minutes of cooking, top the burgers with 2 slices of cheese each.
- Divide the burgers among the roll bottoms and spoon the dressing on top. Pile high with the lettuce and fries and cover with the roll tops.