Chunks of chicken breast and sliced onions are sauteed in flavorful Thai green curry paste, then cooked in a creamy sauce made with cream cheese and sliced red and green bell peppers. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 each red and green pepper, cut into thin strips, then cut crosswise in half
- 4 ounces (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) Philadelphia® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked long-grain white rice
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Stir in curry paste until well blended. Add chicken and onions; cook and stir 6 to 8 min. or until chicken is done (165 degrees F). Stir in red and green peppers; cook 4 to 5 min. or until crisp-tender.
- Add cream cheese, milk and white pepper; cook until cream cheese is melted and evenly coats chicken and vegetables, stirring frequently. Serve over rice.
- Prepare using red curry paste.
- When thawing frozen chicken, place in refrigerator, allowing about 5 hours per pound of chicken. Never thaw chicken at room temperature due to the risk of bacterial growth.