- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup Tennessee whiskey, such as Jack Daniel's
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Chocolate sauce, for serving
- Candied Pecans, for serving, optional
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
Using a standing mixer, beat the butter at medium-high speed until creamy; gradually add the brown and granulated sugars and mix well. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well and scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. On low speed, beat in the flour mixture, one-third at a time, alternating with the milk and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix in the molasses on medium-low speed. Mix in the whiskey until smooth, about 30 seconds.
Pour the batter into a greased, parchment-paper-lined 10-inch cake pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool.
Serve the cake with vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce and candied pecans, if using.