Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 1 hr
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, cut into thirds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- In a pot of cold, salted water, bring the sweet potatoes to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until tender, about 20 minutes; drain. when cool enough to handle, remove and discard the skin; transfer the potatoes to a bowl. Mash with the butter; season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . In a medium oven-proof skillet, toast the paprika and cumin over medium-high heat, stirring, 1 minute. Add the pork and cook, breaking apart with a spoon, until just cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes. Stir in the wine and cook, scraping up any browned bits, for 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pork mixture to a medium bowl and season. Discard all but 2 tbsp. of the liquid.
- In the same skillet, cook the onion over medium heat, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the corn and cook, stirring, until crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Return the pork mixture to the skillet, mix well and season.
- Spoon and spread the sweet potatoes over the pork mixture. bake for 15 minutes, then broil on high until the top is browned, 3 to 5 minutes.