Makes: 6 servings
Yield: 12 muffins
Prep: 10 mins
Bake: 25 mins
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, plus 12 pecan halves
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sweet potatoes, eggs, coconut milk, maple syrup, butter and vanilla. In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, pie spice and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix to blend. Stir in 1/4 cup of the coconut and the chopped pecans. Divide the batter among the muffin cups. Sprinkle the muffins with the remaining coconut; top each with 1 pecan half.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean, 20 to 22 minutes. Let muffins sit in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove and let cool on a rack at least 20 minutes before serving.