Makes: 8 to 10 servings
Prep: 15 mins to
Bake: 25 mins to
- 1/2cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2teaspoon ground cayenne
- 2 pounds thick-sliced bacon
- In a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, ginger, coriander, cardamom and cayenne. On a large sheet of wax paper, sprinkle both sides of each bacon slice with the sugar 1 mixture, using about 1/2 tsp. per side. Using your fingers, spread the mixture and press onto the bacon. After the bacon is coated, make 4 equal stacks. Place the stacks side by side, and wrap 3 times in plastic wrap to keep the package from leaking. Transfer to a large plate; refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Position 1 rack in the top third and 1 rack in the bottom third of the oven and preheat to 425 degrees . Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with foil. Place a large rack on each baking sheet. Have several layers of paper towels ready for draining the bacon. Unwrap the bacon and place the slices on the racks. Bake for 12 minutes. Using tongs, turn the bacon over. Rotate the pans and bake until the bacon is crisp and glazed, about 12 minutes. Drain briefly on the paper towels. Transfer the bacon to a platter and serve immediately.