Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 3 pounds chicken wings, joints separated, tips discarded
- 2 quarts vegetable oil
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup flour
- 2 lemons
- 1/2cup fresh chopped herbs (such as parsley, oregano and thyme)
- 1/4cup honey
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper
- In large bowl, combine juice and zest lemons, fresh chopped herbs, honey and crushed red pepper; season with salt and pepper.
- Let the chicken wings sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large, deep skillet with a lid, heat the oil until the temperature registers 300 degrees on a deep-fry thermometer, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with paper towels. Season the wings with 1/2 tsp. salt, then toss in the flour to coat. Add half of the wings to the oil, partially cover the pan and fry, turning occasionally with tongs, until golden-brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet; blot with the paper towels, then discard the towels. Keep the first batch of wings warm in the oven while you repeat the process with the remaining wings.
- Toss the wings in the lemon dressing to coat.