Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, fat trimmed, then cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 6 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 8 ounce can pineapples chunks in juice, drained, juice reserved
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, 4 tsp. cornstarch and 1 tbsp. soy sauce. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining cornstarch and soy sauce with the ketchup, sugar, cider vinegar and pineapple juice.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high until it shimmers. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until browned, about 4 minutes. Add the ginger and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add the pineapple chunks and the bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pepper is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the ketchup mixture, bring to a boil and cook until the sauce thickens, about 1 minute.