Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 45 mins
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper
- 4 zucchini (about 8 oz. each)
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 10 ounce box couscous
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Brown the beef in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl (leave the drippings in the pan).
- Cook the scallions, pine nuts, if using, and garlic in the drippings for 3 minutes. Stir in the zest, season with salt and pepper and mix with the meat. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees .
- Cut a 1/4-inch-thick lengthwise slice from each zucchini. Using a melon baller or teaspoon, scoop out and discard the seeds, creating four 1/4-inch-thick "boats".
- Arrange the zucchini in a medium baking dish and fill each with some of the beef mixture. Pour 1/2 cup chicken broth into the bottom of the dish, cover with foil and bake until the zucchini are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Bring the remaining 1 1/4 cups broth to a boil in a small saucepan, add the EVOO and stir in the couscous. Cover, turn off the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork; keep warm.
- Divide the couscous and zucchini boats among plates. Top with the yogurt, tomatoes and cucumber. Sprinkle with the parsley.