- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp--peeled, deveined and patted dry
- 1 zucchini, sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
Heat a 14-inch, flat-bottomed wok over high heat until a bead of water vaporizes upon contact. Swirl in 1 tablespoon oil. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper and, using a metal spatula, stir-fry until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Push the mixture to the side of the wok.
Add the shrimp and spread them in a single layer. Cook undisturbed for 1 minute.
Swirl in the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add the zucchini and stir-fry until the shrimp begin to turn pink and the zucchini is bright green, about 1 minute. Add the capers, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Swirl in the wine and stir-fry until it has nearly evaporated and the shrimp are just cooked through, about 1 minute.