Makes: 8 to 10 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 5 mins
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 3 10 ounce packages thawed frozen peas
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut, garlic, cumin, coriander, cayenne, turmeric, 1 tsp. salt and 2 tbsp. water.
- In a wok or large skillet with a lid, heat the oil over high heat. Add the mustard seeds and cover immediately (the seeds will begin to pop). When the popping slows down, uncover, add the peas and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the coconut mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the peas are just tender and still bright green, about 3 minutes.
- Boost the flavor of frozen peas with global ingredients like cumin, coriander and shredded coconut.