Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 pound beef chuck eye, top sirloin or flank steak
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 12 ounces rainbow chard, stems thinly sliced crosswise and leaves sliced into very thin ribbons
- Slice off the sides of each lemon to form 4 flat wedges; reserve for garnishing. Squeeze 2 tbsp. juice from the lemons; reserve.
- In a large skillet, heat the EVOO over medium-high heat. Season the steak and cook, turning once, to desired doneness, 4 to 8 minutes for medium-rare, depending on the thickness. Remove the skillet from the heat; reserve. Transfer the steak to a cutting board with a moat to collect juices; let rest for 5 minutes.
- In the reserved skillet, cook the garlic and reserved lemon juice over medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and stir in the raisins and honey.
- Place the chard in a large bowl. Slice the steak on an angle into thin slices, reserving any juices. Transfer the juices to the sauce in the skillet and cook over medium heat until just beginning to bubble. Pour the sauce over the chard; toss to coat.
- Divide the chard among plates; top with the sliced steak. Serve with the reserved lemon wedges for squeezing.