Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins to
Cook: 20 mins to
- 1 1/2cups jasmine rice, rinsed
- 1/4cup chopped cilantro, plus a handful of small sprigs for garnishing
- 1 1/2pounds boneless butterflied leg of lamb, thinly sliced against the grain
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2teaspoon crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper
- In a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, combine the rice and 1 1/2 cups water; bring to a boil. Lower the heat to low, cover and cook until the water has been absorbed, about 18 minutes. Remove from the heat, let cool slightly and stir in the chopped cilantro.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the lamb, garlic, soy sauce and cumin.
- Just before the rice is done, in a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. oil over high heat. Add the bell pepper and onion and cook until crisp-tender, 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Return the skillet to high heat and add 1 tbsp. oil. When hot, add half the lamb and stir until browned, 2 minutes; transfer to the vegetables. Repeat with the remaining 1 tbsp. oil and lamb. Return the lamb and veggies to the skillet with the crushed pepper; toss until heated. Season, garnish with cilantro sprigs and serve with the rice.