Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Bake: 35 mins
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (2 lbs.)
- 1 1/2teaspoons EVOO
- 2/3cup rice
- 2/3cup frozen peas
- 1 can (6 oz.) pineapple juice
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . In a bowl, whisk together the honey mustard, chili powder, 1 tsp. salt and the ginger. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Transfer to a rack placed on top of a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake until cooked through, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat the EVOO over medium-low heat. Add the rice and cook, stirring, until coated, about 1 minutes. Add 1 1/3 cups water and 1/2 tsp. salt; bring to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat, cover and simmer until the rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the peas, cover and steam until heated through.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter, reserving the juices, and tent with foil to keep warm. Pour the reserved juices into a large skillet with the pineapple juice and cayenne. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until thickened and reduced to a thin glaze, about 5 minutes. Drizzle the chicken with the sauce and serve with the rice.
- To save cooking and chilling time later in the week, cook the entire week's worth of rice (2 cups raw) tonight, then use 1 1/3 cups here and refrigerate the remainder for Wednesday's fried rice.