- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/2 cups orzo pasta
- 3 ounces spinach, well rinsed
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the orzo until al dente. Place the spinach in a colander and drain the orzo over the spinach; return both to the pot. Stir in 1 tbsp. EVOO; season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 tbsp. EVOO over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and jalapeno and cook for 30 seconds. Push the onion mixture to the side of the skillet. Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook undisturbed for 2 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup water, the tomatoes, lemon zest and lemon juice and cook, scraping up any browned bits, until the chicken is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve the chicken mixture on a bed of the spinach orzo.