Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins to
Cook: 10 mins to
- 1 1/2cups cups thawed frozen corn kernels
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, seeded and finely chopped, plus 1 tbsp sauce
- 2 limes, juiced
- salt and pepper
- 1/25 1/2ouncecan black beans, rinsed
- 1 1/4cups chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 20 large tortilla chips
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, shredded (4cups)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the corn in 2 tbsp. water over high heat for 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- Add the beef to the skillet and cook, stirring, until no pink remains, about 8 minutes. Add the chiles and half of the lime juice; season with salt and pepper.
- To the corn, add the black beans, adobo sauce, cilantro, EVOO and remaining lime juice; season with salt and pepper. Divide the chips among 4 shallow bowls. Top with the lettuce, corn-bean mixture, beef and scallions.