Yield: 2 dozen
Prep: 15 mins
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups pitted Medjool dates, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- In a food processor, pulse 1/2 cup of the walnuts until finely ground; set aside. Add the dates to the processor and pulse until pureed; transfer to a medium bowl. Mix in remaining 1 cup walnuts and cardamom, if using.
- Roll the date mixture into 1-inch balls (about 2 tsp. each). Roll half in the ground walnuts to coat and the other half in the coconut.