- 7 cups restaurant-style round corn chips (about 4 oz)
- 1 8 ounce package shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pickled okra, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup canned hominy, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons seeded and finely chopped fresh jalapeno chile
- 1/3 cup finely chopped scallions
- Chopped crisp bacon, for garnishing
Cook bacon as directed on package until crisp. Place on paper towels to drain and finely chop.
Position a rack in the top shelf of the oven and preheat to broil. Arrange the corn chips on a large, heatproof platter in a single layer to overlap slightly. Sprinkle the cheese over the chips, then dot evenly with the tomatoes, orka, hominy and fresh jalapeno.
Broil until the cheese is bubbling, 3 minutes. Remove the platter from the oven, sprinkle with scallions and bacon.