Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Slow Cook: 3 hrs 45 mins
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound fresh okra, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1/2 cup (packed) fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 1 log prepared potenta, sliced into 16 slices and grilled
- Layer the onions, bell pepper and okra in a large, lined slow cooker. Pour in the marinara. Cover and cook on high until the vegetables are tender, about 3 1/2 hours.
- Stir in the shrimp, scallops and crushed red pepper; drizzle with the EVOO. Cover and cook until the seafood is firm, about 15 minutes. Stir in the basil; season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the slices of grilled polenta among plates. Top with the seafood mixture.