These fabulous sandwiches feature pork shoulder that is slow cooked in a scrumptious sauce made with Campbell's® Condensed French Onion Soup, ketchup, vinegar and brown sugar, to serve on sandwich buns.
Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 8 hrs
Stand: 10 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 3 1/2 - 4 pound boneless pork shoulder roast, netted or tied
- 1 10 1/2ouncecan Campbell's® Condensed French Onion Soup
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 12 round sandwich rolls or hamburger rolls, split
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until well browned on all sides.
- Stir the soup, ketchup, vinegar and brown sugar in a 5-quart slow cooker. Add the pork and turn to coat.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours* or until the pork is fork-tender.
- Remove the pork from the cooker to a cutting board and let stand for 10 minutes. Using 2 forks, shred the pork. Return the pork to the cooker.
- Spoon the pork and sauce mixture on the rolls. *Or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve with savory coleslaw with green & red cabbage, carrots and a vinaigrette dressing. For dessert serve ice cream sandwiches.