- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 13 1/2 ounce can coconut milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 6 ounces green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 10 ounces peas, thawed
- 3/4 pound frozen shrimp--peeled, deveined and coarsely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
In a saucepan, bring 2 1/3 cups water, 2/3 cup coconut milk and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt to a boil over high heat. Stir in the rice, cover, lower the heat and simmer until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat the remaining coconut milk over medium heat. Whisk in the curry paste. Stir in the green beans and cook for 3 minutes. Add the peas and shrimp and cook, stirring, until the shrimp is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes; stir in the lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Serve over the coconut rice.