Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 5 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 24 raw or thawed frozen raw shrimp (31-40 count), peeled and deveined
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 2 large avocados, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced yellow onion
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 24 round tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shrimp, garlic, paprika, 1/4 tsp. salt, a pinch black pepper and the cayenne. Cook, stirring, until the shrimp are cooked through, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Scoop the avocado flesh into a bowl; mash with a fork. Stir in the lemon juice, onion, hot sauce and 1 tsp. salt.
- Place the tortilla chips on a platter in a single layer. Top each with 1 tsp. of the guacamole and 1 shrimp.