Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Bake: 10 mins
- 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 1 pound medium shrimp (26 to 30), shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cups whole-milk ricotta
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 10 ounce box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook, stirring often, until al dente. Place shrimp in a colander in the sink. Pour pasta into colander over shrimp. Return pasta and shrimp to the pot; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Position a rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 450 degrees . Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots; cook until softened, 3 minutes. Add the shallots to the pasta and shrimp along with the ricotta, cream, spinach, 1/2 cup Parmesan, lemon zest; season.
- Spoon the pasta mixture into four 12-oz. baking dishes; sprinkle with 2 tbsp. Parmesan. Bake until heated through and cheese melts, 10 minutes.
- Let casseroles cool 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan and the parsley.