Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 17 mins
- 1 pound sweet or spicy Italian sausage, cut into 16 pieces
- 12 mini sweet peppers (8 oz.)
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- Salt and pepper
- 1 12 ounce loaf Italian bread, split lengthwise
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium heat. Thread sausage and peppers onto 4 skewers. Brush with 1 tbsp. of the EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Brush the cut side of the bread with the remaining 2 tbsp. EVOO; season to taste.
- Grill skewers, turning occasionally, until sausage is cooked through and peppers are blistered, 13 to 15 minutes. Transfer skewers to a plate and tent with foil. Grill bread, cut side down, until toasted, 2 minutes. Rub the toasted bread with the cut sides of the garlic and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve the garlic bread with the skewers.